About the Community Media Center
The Community Media Center is a 501c-3 non-profit organization serving the residents and nonprofits of Carroll County, Maryland. We operate the county’s Public, Education, and Government Access Center. Our mission is to provide the facilities, equipment, and technical support necessary to allow everyone to affordably access today’s dominant communications technologies.
What Does CMC Do?
- Operates two local cable channels serving all of Carroll County.
- Channel 19 – Carroll County’s Public Access Channel featuring programs produced for, about and by residents of Carroll County.
- Channel 23 – Provides coverage of municipal programs and meetings for eight county municipalities.
- Offers a dynamic, media-rich website, including and interactive Community Calendar.
- Provides hands-on media production and technology workshops, and gives Carroll County residents access to emerging technologies and state-of-the-art media equipment as a means to produce their own programming.
Who does the CMC Serve?
- The Community Media Center serves the residents of Carroll County, Maryland.
- CMC strives to create programming by identifying under-served communities and soliciting input from community leaders, residents, and city and school representatives on community needs.
Who Runs the CMC?
- The board of directors governs CMC and oversees the work of the Executive Director who supervises CMC staff and volunteers.
How is the CMC Funded?
The CMC receives funding from cable franchise fees for operational support. This state of the art facility is a result of local governments dedicating 2% of their franchise fees to support public access to local, government and educational content. Click here for more on funding (PDF) In addition, we rely on donations from individuals, businesses and foundations to help us continue to offer workshops, create unique programming and media programs. The CMC is a non-profit PEG (Public, Education, Government) organization with 501 (C) (3) status and all contributions are tax deductible.
Members of the media should contact Sherry Taylor, Marketing Director at staylor@CarrollMediaCenter.org or call 410-386-4415.
Online Comment Policy
The Community Media Center (CMC) welcomes reader comments on selected online features and social media outlets. Comments posted must pertain to the features they are linked to, and must comply with the CMC’s online policy. Click to read.
The Community Media Center has several publications that provide information regarding our channels, programs and services available for download.Download History Project Brochure